Active filters - Click to deactivate
Vodka, one of the world's most popular liquors, is composed solely of water and ethyl alcohol with possible traces of impurities and flavorings. Vodka is made from any one of these fermented substances: grain, rye, wheat, potatoes, or sugar beet molasses.
Vodka’s alcoholic content usually ranges between 35 to 50 percent by volume; the standard Russian, Lithuanian, and Polish vodkas are 40 percent alcohol by volume (80 proof).
Historically, this alcoholic-proof standard derives from the Russian vodka quality standards established by Tsar Alexander III in 1894.
The Muscovite Vodka Museum reports that chemist Dmitri Mendeleev determined the ideal alcohol content as 38 percent; however, because in that time distilled spirits were taxed per their alcoholic strength, that percentage was rounded upwards to 40 percent for simplified taxation calculations.
For such a liquor to be denominated “vodka,” governments establish a minimal alcoholic proof; the European Union established 37.5 percent alcohol by volume as the minimal proof for European vodka.
Vodka is traditionally drunk neat in the vodka belt — Eastern Europe and Nordic countries — and elsewhere. It is also commonly used in cocktails and mixed drinks, such as the bloody Mary, the screwdriver, the White Russian, the vodka tonic, and the vodka martini.
Depending on the alcohol and water used we distinguish:
1) Clear vodkas made with pure spirits rectified grain or potato plain and distilled or demineralised water;
2) Superb vodkas made with rectified superb spirit obtained from potato and distilled or demineralised water;
3) Luxury vodkas made with luxury rectified spirit obtained from potato and distilled or demineralised water;
- Prosto z Finlandii sprowadzamy wódkę jęczmienną o niespotykanej klarowności, przejrzystości i niemal aksamitnej fakturze. Osiąga ona najwyższą jakość dzięki precyzyjnie dobranym odmianom jęczmienia uprawianego w najczystszej części Europy, krystalicznej wodzie i procesowi produkcji poddanemu stałej kontroli. Zachęcamy Państwa do spróbowania Spirit of Santa (warto dodać, że nazwa jest przewrotną grą słów - oznacza bowiem napój Świętego Mikołaja i jednocześnie jego duszę...)
- The success of Mary Jane Vodka is a combination of a fashionably designed brand with an excellent product. Distinguishable by its full and smooth palate Mary Jane is a premium vodka of exceptional quality. It's extraordinary taste is due to the unique technology of multiple distillation of 100% pure grain and demineralized water. As premium vodka it remains true to the foundation to finest brands and always leaves a pure and effortless finish.